Thursday, July 9, 2015

A New Journey, a New Blog

Tomorrow, I begin a 6 month journey of reflection, growth, and Sabbath rest. InterVarsity offers all campus ministers the gift of a 6 month sabbatical after 7 years of service, and I've been looking forward to this for some time!

My intention is to check in here every week or so with updates, so that all of you who are making this journey possible with your financial support and your prayers can share in the joy of what God's doing during this time! So be sure to check in with this SabbataBlog regularly!

In the meantime, I'd be grateful for your prayers on behalf of my students, my colleagues, and me:
I'm looking forward to spending
more time with these guys!
  • Please pray with me for York students' prayer times. If you've spent time in college, you may remember that for busy students, prayer can often be the first thing to go, yet it's only with prayerful submission and reflection that there can be real gains for the gospel.
  • Please pray with me for my staff colleagues. Many of them are making themselves available to York's chapter while I'm gone, in addition to the chapters they normally staff. They'll be offering intensive leadership training, preaching the gospel, and caring for a community of people who are not "their own flock." I'm grateful for them, and pray that what they have received from above, they will offer here with boldness and effectiveness.
  • Lastly, please pray for me and my family - my biggest hope is to meet Jesus powerfully over sabbatical. As we've moved into a new season of life with Theo, I need Jesus to teach me rhythms and disciplines that will serve my family and increase my fitness for long-term ministry in this critical mission field.
Thank you for praying, and I look forward to checking in with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment